Call for Proposals
If you are interested in hosting the 10th Congress of the Society in 2022 please submit a 1-2 page proposal to our President and President-Elect (Barb.Sharanowski [at] ucf.edu, lars.krogmann [at] smns-bw.de)
- Proposals should be sent by e-mail by 1 January 2019.
- Proposals must include a brief outline of reasons for the choice of location (e.g. unique location or long overdue, access to a unique membership, location appeal, identification of a team of local organizers and support network, potential venue, potential registration and meeting costs, and opportunities for fieldwork; all points are to be addressed).
- Proposals will be evaluated by the Executive Committee, and bidders contacted by February 2019.
- Successful bidders will be required to submit a more complete proposal by 30 May 2019, including details on dates, hotels, room charges, registration estimates and a business plan for the meeting, post-congress activities such as collecting trips, and congress activities such as visits to nearby natural areas and tourist locations, archaeological or historical sites, etc.
- These proposals will be evaluated by the Executive Committee and the successful bid announced by 1 July 2019.