Welcome to the homepage of the International Society of Hymenopterists (ISH). The aim of the Society is to encourage scientific research and promote the diffusion of knowledge about sawflies, bees, ants, and other wasps. Membership is open to all persons with an interest in hymenopterans. If you are not yet a member, please consider joining the Society. Memberships support our journals and our meetings, and as a member you will benefit from the large network of other Hymenoptera researchers, as well as the discounted page fees for the Journal of Hymenoptera Research.
ISH also has a sponsored member request form. Sponsored members have all the rights and privileges of members who pay dues.
ISH publishes the Journal of Hymenoptera Research, an entomological journal dedicated to the study of the bees, wasps, and ants, and Hamuli, our Society newsletter. Members receive the journal and newsletter free. For more information on the journal, please visit our publications page. Here you'll also find copies of our past newsletters. For submissions and questions contact the Hamuli editor, Andy Deans (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ISH constitution: ISH Constitution (Google Doc)
Please come join our Facebook Group to keep up with news from hymenopterist's worldwide! We are the current, past, and future members of the International Society of Hymenopterists. Anyone with an interest in the insects that comprise Hymenoptera is welcome to join us.The current Executive Officers of the Society are:
- President Jim Whitfield: jwhitfie (at) life (dot) illinois (dot) edu
- President-Elect Andrew Polaszek: a.polaszek (at) nhm (dot) ac (dot) uk
- Past President John Heraty: john.heraty (at) ucr (dot) edu
- Editor Stefan Schmidt: Hymenoptera (at) zsm (dot) mwn (dot) de
- Secretary Lars Krogmann: lars.krogmann (at) smns-bw (dot) de
- Treasurer Craig Brabant: brabant (at) entomology (dot) wisc (dot) edu
- Webmaster Katja Seltmann: enicospilus (at) gmail (dot) com